Welcome...

Special welcome to the visitor from KUALA LUMPUR,MALAYSIA .Your IP address is 210.187.84.2 connecting to the Internet through PENGURUSAN LEBUHRAYA SDN BHD.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

VOL & VOLF

Week 1 (23/2 – 1/3)
Hmmm, its blogging time again. After the first MBL course that I had attended, quite a chore to start blogging. Looking back, this reflective analysis or weekly logs/blogs is quite important so that I would somehow stay in touch with the assignment and not let it slide as last time. Hopefully, procrastination would not be the order of the day as the previous assignment had. This assignment would be quite challenging I guess since there would be 2 parts in it; don’t think that the report would be that big of a problem, think that the coaching might be. Hope that by the fifth or sixth week, I would find someone to coach.

Initially I thought that the possible candidate would be either Aniza or Hamdan since the obvious thinking was that the coaching activity / exercise would be concentrated to staff which are somewhat “lacking” in terms of their deliverables. Attending the VOLF however, had opened up my eyes and talking to Cathy and also the other participants had convinced me that coaching staff with lower than expected performance would not be the way to go since this coaching exercise should not be directed into a particular area that I wanted since the main qualities of coaching I guess is more effective is to let the coachee dictates te particular areas or subject matters that they wish. This is emphasised during the 2 day course time and time again. I sincerely think that as a start, this should be the case and with time and practice, I would have the necessary skills to ‘direct’ the coaching subject matter to the focus of the job ie. performance and deliverables which is an integral part in an organization such as UEM.

Think I will sign off now for the week since got a lot of things that I need to do both at work and on the personal level. Next week I think that I will go through the pointers given in the notes given during the course.

No comments: